- kik messenger for pc free download windows 8, kik messenger for pc windows 7 free download, kik messenger for pc no download, kik for windows 7 phone, kik messenger for pc windows 7 on What Is Rootless Cosmopolitan?
- Beyondthebuzzer.Com on Why Obama Must Shackle Bibi
- www.youtube.com on There’s hostages, and there’s hostages
- kik messenger apk 6.2 on What Is Rootless Cosmopolitan?
- ecoexuma.com on What Is Rootless Cosmopolitan?
Monthly Archives: March 2010
My latest on Tomdispatch:
Obama’s peace plan is doomed because failure costs Israel nothing
Uncomfortable at the spectacle of the Obama administration in an open confrontation with the Israeli government, Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman — who represents the interests of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party on Capitol Hill as faithfully as he does those of the health insurance industry — called for a halt. “Let’s cut the family fighting, the family feud,” he said. “It’s unnecessary; it’s destructive of our shared national interest. It’s time to lower voices, to get over the family feud between the U.S. and Israel. It just doesn’t serve anybody’s interests but our enemies.”
The idea that the U.S. and Israel are “family” with identical national interests is a convenient fiction that Lieberman and his fellow Israel partisans have worked relentlessly to promote — and enforce — in Washington over the past two decades. If the bonds are indeed familial, however, last week’s showdown between Washington and the Netanyahu government may be counted as one of those feuds in which truths are uttered in the heat of the moment that call into question the fundamental terms of the relationship. Such truths are never easily swept under the rug once the dispute is settled. The immediate rupture, that is, precludes a simple return to the status quo ante; instead, a renegotiation of the terms of the relationship somehow ends up on the agenda.